- (04.07) Arsis have recruited Shawn Priest as the full-time replacement for recently departed drummer Mike VanDyne. Priest, who has toured with the band in the past, will be behind the kit for the band's upcoming fifth studio album.
- (04.07) Go here to listen to the new Job For A Cowboy album streaming in its entirety.
- (04.06) Added a review to the Meshuggah's "Koloss" album.
- (04.06) Jim Marshall, who invented the Marshall amplifier, has died at the age of 88. So many metal artists owe him a debt of gratitude, as a Marshall owner myself, I can't say enough great things about his amplifiers. His contribution to the metal world is huge, and he will be missed.
- (04.06) The new Deftones album is now scheduled for an Oct release.
- (04.05) Gojira have set "L'Enfant Sauvage" as the title of their fifth album, due on June 26 via Roadrunner Records. That's french for "Savage Child".
- (04.05) Mike Van Dyne, drummer and founding member of Arsis will be leaving the band. He's decided to focus on his career fulltime.
- (04.05) "Koloss", the new album Meshuggah, sold 18,000 copies in the United States in its first week of release to land at position No. 17 on The Billboard 200 chart. Their last CD "obZen" opened with 11,400 units to debut at No. 59. And "Catch 33" sold 7,000 copies in its first week of release to enter the charts at 170.
- (04.02) Buy the latest issue (#226) of Total Guitar for an interview with Dream Theater's John Petrucci and Periphery's Misha Mansoor about each other's music, and their Wembley Arena show in London.
Saturday, April 7, 2012
Soulkiller Webzine Metal News for the Week Of Apr 2nd - Apr 8th 2012
Visit http://www.soulkillerwebzine.com for all the latest metal news, release dates and reviews...